Poem Prickling Pandomonium'



Prickling me with your pandomonium,
Stinging sharply and sapping my sweet strength,
Bitten with your blight
Another full moon passes me
It's just another night,
Poke, poke, poking me with your rhythm stick,
Dig, dig, dig your shovel wracks
And cracks the hardened earth,
You'll never pardon me,
You say I have no worth.


Im  extremely pleased with this poem, it's short and powerful, it's describing the hellish life I once lived in where a taunting 'Prickling Pandomonium' literally sapped the energy and strength from within my mind, body and soul,

'it's just another night'

 explains how it's possible for such hurt to become an every day occurrence,

'you'll never pardon me,
 you say I have no worth'

describes the way in which the abuser will never stop, and slowly strips away at your self worth and self confidence.

I hope you liked it?


By Toni Cairns

(c)2019.



Comments

Popular Posts