Darkened Hollow Hole Poem

Darkened Hollow Hole

I try and I try as I may and I may
but still I find no way out.

Anxiety over bearing
brain cracking shattering despairing
let me out, let me out, let me out.

Why does this mirror reflect only darkness so dull?
Set me free, set me free, set me free.

Why can I not just be out there
anywhere but here,
trapped by this inner sweeping rebellion the sinner does weaken thy soul,
sapping away at that miniscule strength left bereft filled with fear,
no way to steer clear of this space,
dampened by the screaming devil,
disheveled.

Losing the race of life,
frank quantifiable pain drove what's left of me totally insane.

Trapped in here, I'm totally trapped in here, mind oh mind please let go and find some peace and security, 
over ignite me with electrical charges shock me heartedly.

Restart me, restart me, restart me
confidence please blanket
my lost cold faceless soul.

Warmth, longing for warmth
comfort, embrace thee with strong holding arms, fold them so tightly squeeze thee with some love.

See me, 
look, and look some more, 
fore I exist, I exist, I exist
please don't be bound like me and resist,
you may just find my shadowed glory, scorned and hidden away by witch's mean, took my eyes left only invisibility scenes!

Break the curse, smash the mirror
what's the worst,
shards slash and gash my roughened edges...?
I can suffer no more!

Alone, so alone, so alone,
grab any such stone 
batter, shatter the glass,
then at last I'll be free of this hell and wriggle away from that eternal burdoning spell!

Return my face, take me to another place and time
I need another, I need you
no matter who you are, 
please share some kindness
show me care,
let me be once more aware of real life.

By Toni Cairns (c)2019.


Comments

Popular Posts