A poem called "Love your Unique Ways"

Love your unique ways

Love the way you offer up your time 
to understand my confusing ways, unquestioning acceptance 
of my mind muddling blips, 

love the way you make me coffee, 
just the way I like it, 
without ever needing to ask 
and always at exactly the right time, 
at exactly the right level of sweetness,

love the harmonious joys of your company, the ways your ears listen, 
and the ways your voice shares interesting facts and intelligence with me,

love the ways in which you don't submit to always agreeing with me, 
with my beliefs and thoughts, 
instead you question things,

love the ways you fact check, 
taking your own time 
to seek out your own opinions and truths, backed by objective unpersuasive sways, 

love your unique ways.

by 
Toni Cairns 
(c)2021.
Abstract Distraxtions

Comments

Popular Posts