Lies Utterances of Untruth Poem




A small extract from a poem of mine called "Lies Utterances of Untruth", a poem I wrote after being inspired by some of William Shakespeare's Sonnets.

Full Poem:
Lies Utterances of Untruth
By Toni Cairns

Knowing no harm that she doest' to me Other than her lies to be,
Her birds eye view may peek and see, a fool.
A master of fractured knowledge,
An untraveled fellow Somewhat lacking calibre.

Herself promised ego, believes me unworldly and unwise
She ignores my tattered guise of truth and years
Dispelling her own inner given fears.

Hiding behind the subtleties of her wanton lies
Her cherished lustful desires
Transpires me at best in those yonder years.

Many moons have passed me by, so many tides before
But, still at last
Her kindness shares with me in her stealy tales.
Fore she sails with me still stands tall and proud
Anchored to my fondest arm
With charms and gracefulness.
Her worth to me is priceless
With bonds of time and trust
There never was another must so needed.
 Our lies are merely utterances of untruth
With her tiny bared excuses, she flatters me with love
Our strength strides together with hands in gloves.




Another version I wrote after feedback is this one......


REWRITE

Knowing no harm that thou does unto thee
other than thou' lies to be,
thou'st birds eye view may peek and see a fool;
a master of fractured knowledge,
an untraveled fellow somewhat lacking calibre.

Hast thou promised ego believed thee to be unworldly and unwise,
ignoring thine tattered guise of truth and years?
Yet, dispelling thee' own inner given fears, hiding behind the subtleties of wanton lies.

Thou cherished lustful desires
transpires thee at best in yonder years, many moons have passed thee by and so many tides before,
but, still at last thou kindness shares with thee in thou'st stealy tales!

Fore thou sails with thee still standing tall and proud,
anchored to thines fondest arm
with charms and gracefulness.

Thou worth to thee is priceless
with bonds of time and trust
there never was another must so needed.

Our lies are merely utterances of untruth
with tiny bared excuses thou flatters thee with love,
our strength strides on together
with our hands in gloves.


(c)Toni Cairns 2019


Comments

Popular Posts